The Better Life - Roseburg Seventh-day Adventist Church has a rich and long history in this community dating back to 1899 when the congregation was initially started in a small home.
In 1904 they built a small church with a church school just off Military St in Roseburg. In the 1930's, the church purchased a small church at the corner of Lane and Main Street in the downtown area of Roseburg.
The congregation continued to grow and in the 1940's, the church decided to buy the older Fullerton school as their new place of worship. In 1952 a gymnasium was built, and the church was moved into the gymnasium.
After a few years the church started looking for perspective sites to build another church to accommodate the continued growth of the congregation. Property was looked at where the fairgrounds now sits and the property at the corner of Garden Valley and Troost was considered as well. The current property where the church sits, was purchased in 1959 and dedicated December 1960. The Better Living Center was later built in the mid 70's.
Several church plants have been sprouts off of this church. The Glide Seventh-day Adventist church was established in the mid 70's. The Winston Seventh-day Adventist church was established in the early 80's. Turning Point Seventh-day Adventist church was established in early 2000's. God has blessed this church.